Seed Investing as a Team Sport (SITS) - a working session for private investors in entrepreneurial ventures
Developed by Development Capital Networks (DCN) for the National Association of Seed and Venture Funds
(NASVF), Seed Investing as a Team Sport will expand your understanding of business investing, help you locate a team of like-minded investors in your region, and provide you new tools to help optimize your investment dollars.
This energetic, one-day field seminar -- held to date in over 100 cities across the U.S. -- provides the insights of leading seed investors and specialists, seasoned professionals who know what it takes to succeed in this challenging endeavor.
October 24, 2012 at the WBT Innovation Marketplace
Participants master the essentials and finer points of the curriculum through interactive workshops, role-playing exercises, videotaped presentations, a practical case study, and on-site coaching from a team of local experts. This is an excellent opportunity to collaborate and develop you own local network.
Come early for the continental breakfast and stay late for the reception to make the most of this fast paced and rewarding day.
8 am - 5 pm
San Diego Convention Center - San Diego, CA
$195 when combined with a WBT2012 Registration
- Angel Networks -- their impact and potential
- Seed Investing -- the complete process
- Due Diligence -- effective, proven methods
- Investment Appetite -- finding what’s right for you
- Valuing the Enterprise & Pricing the Deal -- essential techniques
- The Term Sheet -- structuring the deal for success
- Negotiating the Deal -- do’s and don’ts; win-win strategies
- Closing, Mentoring and Cashing Out -- coaching the team to success
Seed Investing as a Team Sport covers the investment process step by step. This demanding one-day seminar de-mystifies the investment process. Our participants gain:
- Know-how - learn the basics of pricing and structuring seed investments
- Networking opportunities - meet and collaborate with other investors in your region, and with local professionals and advisors who can help you succeed
- Team skills – experience the use of team based approaches for making and managing investments
- Valuable References - receive a manual of essential due diligence questions, an annotated bibliography of the very best resources on seed investing, and a collection of outstanding articles on business planning and Angel investing.